Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad
½ lb large kale leaves, center rib removed (about 6 to 8 leaves)
6 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and cored
½ small head radicchio, cored
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
½ cup of olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (6 oz.) chuck of Parmesan cheese
1 cup of dries cranberries
Senior Project Manager
1. With a sharp chef's knife, cute the kale, Brussels sprouts, and radicchio crosswise in thin shreds (as you would cute cabbage for coleslaw), and place them in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, one teaspoon of salt, and the half teaspoon of pepper. Pour enough dressing on the salad to moisten it, reserving the rest.
3. Shave the Parmesan in big shards with a vegetable peeler. Add the cheese and dries cranberries to the salad.
4. Toss carefully to avoid breaking up the cheese.
5. Check for seasonings, add more vinaigrette, if necessary, and serve cold or at room temperature.