Soy-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
1 lb. Brussels Sprouts
¼ cup light soy sauce
¼ cup maple syrup
2 scallions, trimmed and cut into rings
1 tsp. Aleppo chili pepper flakes
Coarse sea salt to garnish
1. Grab your Brussels sprouts. Give them a rinse and pat them dry.
2. Half them with a sharp knife.
3. Set them aside for a minute while making the glaze.
4. Trim the roots and last half inch of dark green ends of your scallions and discard. Cut into rounds.
5. Whisk the light soy and maple syrup together until uniform.
6. Toss in the Aleppo chili flakes.
7. Add the scallions and give the whole mess a swirl to combine. Set aside for a minute.
8. Deep fry at 375° until Brussels sprouts are floating and edges are dark brown.
9. Drizzle glaze from the bowl.