Cucumber & Onion Salad
6 large cucumbers
3 large sweet onions
2 ½ cups of apple cider vinegar
1 ½ cups sugar
Note: the amounts of sugar and vinegar should always be equal.
1. Peel and slice cucumbers.
2. Place sliced cucumbers in colander, sprinkle with a little salt, mix, let sit for about 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
3. Slice onions.
4. Mix cucumbers and onions and place in large container.
5. Combine vinegar and sugar.
6. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
7. Pour sugar/vinegar liquid over onions/cucumbers.
8. Shake container to combine. Liquid will not totally cover onions/cucumbers.
9. Refrigerate for two days, shaking container several times a day.