1 whole chicken, 3 lbs
4 celery stalks
4 pealed carrots
1 tsp. of black pepper
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
1 small bunch of parsley
1 large onion, peeled and whole
4 - 6 quarts of cold water to cover the ingredients
1 head of escarole washed and chopped
2 ½ lbs of ground beef
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
½ cup onion diced
¼ cup parmesan cheese preferably
¼ cup of fresh parsley
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
½ cup ice cold water (adjust to texture, not very soft, firm
Project Services Coordinator
1. Cook to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 2 hours.
2. Strain broth into another large pot and discard the onion and parsley.
3. Save the carrots and the celery. Remove chicken from bone and shred. Dice carrots.
4. Return carrots and celery and shredded chicken into the pot.
1. Put escarole in pot with cold water to cover.
2. Bring to boil and reduce heat.
3. Cook until tender, 30 minutes.
4. Drain and put into chicken broth.
1. Mix ingredients for meatballs well and make into small meatballs.
2. Put 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan.
3. Fry meatballs on low heat- keep turning them on each side until brown.
4. Remove meatballs from pan and drain any oil from pan put meatballs into chicken broth.
Putting it all together
1. All ingredients are now in one pot. Bring to a boil for about 15 minutes.
2. In a bowl mix 6 eggs and 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Add to the soup when it is at a boil and stir vigorously. Let cook for another 15 minutes
3. In separate pot, boil one box of dry small pasta (like acini di pepe or ditalini shaped) and cook according to the package. Then rinse with cold water.
4. When ready to serve, grab a bowl, add some cooked pasta if desired, ladle the finished soup on top, making sure to get a little bit of everything
5. Add more cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. It's ready to eat!