1 package of Thai Vermicelli Rice Noodles
1 ½ lbs. chicken breast or thighs with bones
2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup green beans, julienne
½ cup carrots, julienne
3 diced green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
Executive Assistant | Senior Associate
1. Soak the noodles according to package directions.
2. Boil chicken in 6 cups of water. Once it is cooked, cut the chicken in small pieces. Save stock for the noodles.
3. Heat oil in a wok or large saute pan. Stir fry the cabbage and carrots for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, onions, garlic and green beans. Cook 3-5 minutes until fragrant and onions have become translucent. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour in soy sauce and 1 cup of chicken stock. Stir and let boil for about 2 minutes.
6. Toss in the soaked noodles until all the ingredients are well blended. If the noodles are somewhat dry, add another half cup of chicken stock. Continue to toss until the vegetables have softened and the liquid is absorbed.