Penne alla Vodka
2 small onions or 1 big onion, finely diced
Red pepper (Cayenne)
1 can of peeled tomatoes (220 g), blended with food processor
150-200 grams of pancetta dolce
1 shot of Vodka
150 ml of panna
Project Engineer| Senior Associate
1. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan.
2. Add two small, finely chopped onions (or one big onion) and red pepper to taste (note that the dish should not be very spicy, so use marginally). Cook until the onions are translucent and nearly brown on a medium flame.
3. Add pancetta, and cook on a medium-low flame. When the pancetta fat is translucent and the meat is cooked, add the vodka. Turn the temperature up and simmer until the vodka has evaporated. Add canned peeled tomatoes and salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add 150 grams of panna and stir on low heat.
5. Mix together with cooked penne on low heat. Serve with parmesan.